Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04.10.21 02:31, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I guess disabling subscriptions on error/conflict and skipping the
> particular transactions are somewhat different types of functions.
> Disabling subscriptions on error/conflict seems likes a setting
> parameter of subscriptions. The users might want to specify this
> option at creation time. Whereas, skipping the particular transaction
> is a repair function that the user might want to use on the spot in
> case of a failure. I’m concerned a bit that combining these functions
> to one syntax could confuse the users.

Also, would the skip option be dumped and restored using pg_dump?  Maybe
there is an argument for yes, but if not, then we probably need a
different path of handling it separate from the more permanent options.