Re: Connection errors: Was:(Re: Upgrade woes) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Murthy Kambhampaty
Subject Re: Connection errors: Was:(Re: Upgrade woes)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Lamar Owen [mailto:lamar.owen@wgcr.org] writes:
>On Tuesday 15 April 2003 12:13, Greg Kelley wrote:
>> I have not modified postgresql.conf, tcpip_socket = false is commented
out.
>> I cannot connect using localhost, either. I did not even have iptables
>> installed, just did the RPM installation and ran iptables-save and it
>> shows:
>
>Edit postgresql.conf, uncomment the tcpip_socket line, change it to true
>instead of false, and restart postmaster (as root /sbin/service postgresql
>restart)
>
>Then retry the connection.
... and remember that the commented out lines in postgresql.conf indicate
the >defaults<, so unless you say differently (either on the command line,
or with a line in postgresql.conf) the postmaster will start with the option
values indicated by the commented out lines.