Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 7 Apr 2023, at 23:01, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> Looks like morepork wasn't happy with the interactive \password test.
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=morepork&dt=2023-04-07%2020%3A30%3A29
>
> Looking into why the timer timed out in that test.

Staring at this I've been unable to figure out if there an underlying problem
here or a flaky testrun, since I can't reproduce it.  Maybe the animal owner
(on cc) have any insights?

The test has passed on several different platforms in the buildfarm, including
Linux, Solaris, macOS, NetBSD, FreeBSD and other OpenBSD animals.  It also
passed in an OpenBSD VM running with our Cirrus framework.

Unless there are objections raised I propose leaving it in for now, and I will
return to it tomorrow after some sleep, and install OpenBSD 6.9 to see if it's
reproducible.

--
Daniel Gustafsson