Re: file under data - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David Stanaway
Subject Re: file under data
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 11:26  AM, Leong, Fushan wrote:

> Hi :
>
>    Very new in postgres.  I created a database and did some
> transactions.  I
> found three subdirectories are created under $HOME/data/base.  They
> are  1,
> 18719, 18720.  Under these "funny" name directory, there are a lot of
> files
> with number as their filename.
>
> What are they?  Can I delete them when my disk space is very tide?

The directories under /date/base  are databases.  The number coresponds
to their oid
the files in those directories are tables and indexes etc..

You may want to look into the vacuumdb command

David Stanaway
Personal: david@stanaway.net
Work: david@netventures.com.au