starting the postmaster in windows - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Zeilhofer, Peter
Subject starting the postmaster in windows
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi from a newbie,
this is my first posting here. I installed postgresql with cygwin in windows 2000. In the cygwin-shell all works
perfect.But I need to prepare a windows-installation (with cygwin only as runtime-system) and I haven't found out how
tostart the server (like "pg_ctl start" or "postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data" in cygwin) from a windows-shell.
If I start postgres.exe I get a backend interactive interface. All the .exe-files in \usr\local\pgsql\bin work fine,
butthe postmaster is just a link that cannot be started from a windows-shell like in cygwin.
Do I have wrong ideas how to handle this? Is there anyone with a good hint for me?
Thanks very much in advance for help!
with kind regards from Munich

Peter Zeilhofer
EP LP COM 5