Re: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 31 Mar 2016, at 20:33, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>
> On 03/31/2016 03:06 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> The Linux Downloads pages still refer to 9.4 in the example commands for
>> installation via yum/apt etc.  While they are examples and not instrucutions,
>> people tend to like copy/paste so we should probably bump to the lastest
>> version to avoid confusion.  Also updated the RPM link to point to rhel 7 as
>> it’s getting quite common these days but that’s less important in this.
>
> hmm - you changed both the debian and the ubuntu installation patches to
> point to 9.5, are those actually available in any released version of
> either one(in both cases the instructions refer to the version in the
> distributions and not pgapt)?
> If they are not available by default I think that actually adds more
> confusion and does not remove any…

You are quite correct, not being a Debian/Ubuntu user I misunderstood the
relation between the pgdg apt repository and the default ones.  Removed from
the proposed diff with only the YUM changes remaining (bumped to 9.5.2) and
also threw in a whitespace fix as a bonus.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment