Re: PostgreSQL on system with root as only user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AgentM
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on system with root as only user
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 30, 2006, at 12:03 , Brandon Aiken wrote:

> Unless it's a read-only database, I would never recommend using flash
> media for an RDBMS.

Well, it's an embedded device, so you can pretty much be certain that
it's not storing sales information. If the flash goes belly up, then
the device has failed anyway, so the lost info is the least of the
problems.

> Unless it's a small database, I would never recommend using USB as a
> storage interface for an RDBMS.

Why? Could you provide more details?

I would be interested in any performance numbers anyone has collected.

-M