Re: BUG #17760: SCRAM authentication fails with "modern" (rsassaPss signature) server certificate - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: BUG #17760: SCRAM authentication fails with "modern" (rsassaPss signature) server certificate
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Am 13.02.23 um 02:58 schrieb Michael Paquier:
[...]

>> Agreed, if we have an easy solution for RSA-PSS, that's good enough
>> for now.
>
> Indeed.
>
> With all that in mind, I am finishing with the attached with the
> tests, the meson tweaks and the MSVC tweaks.  I have tested it on
> HEAD, with OpenSSL down to 1.0.1 which is the minimum version of this
> branch.  Making sure that this mostly works with 1.0.0 and 0.9.8 on
> older branches would not be an issue here.

FWIW:
I only understand a fraction of the underlying crypto, but the patch LGTM!

Much appreciated, thanks for the effort (and sorry for causing it ;-)!
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth

Eimermacherweg 106
D-48159 Münster

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
"Ceterum censeo SystemD esse delendam" - Cato

Attachment