Re: MS Access vs IS NULL (was Re: [BUGS] Bug in SQL functions that use a NULL parameter directly) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: MS Access vs IS NULL (was Re: [BUGS] Bug in SQL functions that use a NULL parameter directly)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> I don't have Office 2000, but I can confirm Access 97 generates such
> queries. The query-builder doesn't generate the 'key = NULL' query, but the
> use of the Forms interface does.

Yes, it was broken as of a couple years ago.  What I thought I
remembered hearing was that the current release (which I guess would
be Office 2000?) is fixed.  The first question is whether that is indeed
true.  The second question, assuming it's true, is how long to continue
violating the spec and confusing people in order to cater to old broken
versions of Access.  My vote is not too darn long, but others may differ.