Re: [DOCS] Fix misleading references to columns in GRANT/REVOKE summaries - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [DOCS] Fix misleading references to columns in GRANT/REVOKE summaries
Date
List pgsql-patches
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> Per a question Alexey Parshin asked in the IRC channel, I'm attaching
> a patch to the GRANT and REVOKE syntax summaries which replaces the
> misleading word "column" with "parameter."  "Column" is misleading
> because it could be read to imply a column-level GRANT/REVOKE, which
> we don't have yet.

Apparently it's so misleading that you didn't understand it either.
The entire *point* of that paragraph is that we don't have the
feature.  This proposed change is surely not an improvement...

            regards, tom lane