Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not entirely.  We should move around the test sql script and the expected
>> result file so that the file structure looks exactly like one of the
>> test-enabled contrib modules.

> That's pretty much what I thought I did except that I put it all in the
> test subdir. Frankly, I think that's a better arrangement - having
> cube/cube.sql and cube/sql/cube.sql is confusing - putting test stuff in
> a test subdirectory makes its purpose clear.

[ shrug... ]  I don't see a good argument for making the PLs have a
directory layout that is different from the one in use in contrib.
If you want to argue that all of the contrib subdirectories should
be changed, bring it up in -hackers; but it is hard to get excited
about.

            regards, tom lane