Re: [HACKERS] OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4
Date
Re: [HACKERS] OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> There was a serious performance regression in OUTER JOIN planning
> going from 8.2.4 to 8.2.5.  I know Tom came up with some patches to
> mitigate the issues in 8.2.5, but my testing shows that problems
> remain in 8.3beta4.

Please try the attached proposed patch.  It seems to fix my simplified
test case, but I'm not sure if there are any additional considerations
involved in your real queries.

This is against CVS HEAD but I think it will apply cleanly to beta4.

Haven't looked closely at how to fix 8.2, yet.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment