Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 25/04/17 19:54, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I feel it's getting a bit late for reworkings of this extent, also
> considering the marginal nature of the problem we are trying to fix.  My
> patch from April 18 is very localized and gets the job done.
>
> I think this is still a good direction to investigate, but if we have to
> extend the hash table API to get it done, this might not be the best time.

Yeah the hash API change needed is a bummer at this stage.

One thing I am missing in your patch however is cleanup of entries for
relations that finished sync. I wonder if it would be enough to just
destroy the hash when we get to empty list.

Services