Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OTOH, as the main reason for wanting to disable truncation is that a
> user is getting very undesirable HS conflicts, it doesn't seem right to
> force them to change the reloption on all tables, and then somehow force
> it to be set on all tables created at a later stage. I'm not sure how
> that'd be better?

I think we should reject the whole patch, tbh, and go do something
about the underlying problem instead.  Once we've made truncation
not require AEL, this will be nothing but a legacy wart that we'll
have a hard time getting rid of.