Re: [HACKERS] Queuing all tables for analyze after recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Queuing all tables for analyze after recovery
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Queuing all tables for analyze after recovery
List pgsql-hackers
Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky+pg@ato.waw.pl> writes:
> Some (maybe all) row statistics are lost after the database has
> recovered after a failover. So it's recommended to ANALYZE all databases
> in a cluster after recovery.

Uh ... recommended by whom?  pg_statistic has exactly the same reliability
guarantees as the rest of the system catalogs.

I don't deny that there might be cases where this is worth doing, but
it does not seem so likely that it should be part of one's standard
checklist.  Much less something that we should expend a great deal
of effort to automate.