Problem: unable to uninstall CYGWIN-IPC DAEMON after uninstalling PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From anilkumar@kiet.edu
Subject Problem: unable to uninstall CYGWIN-IPC DAEMON after uninstalling PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
hello,
thanks for giving attention to my problem

i am using windows 2000.

Problem is as follows:-

My team perform the following steps
1) installed a unix emulator "Cygwin"
2) installed PostgreSQL
3) uninstalled PostgreSQl
4) uninstalled Cygwin
after doing the above steps we found that the service entitled "CYGWIN-IPC
DAEMON" is not uninstalled.

Instead of doing the above 4 steps if we install only Cygwin and later on
uninstall it without installing PostgreSQL then the service "CYGWIN-IPC
DAEMON" is properly uninstalled.

But when we tried uninstalling the Cygwin, after first installing
PostgreSql then uninstalling it, then we didn't get the service
uninstalled.

Please tell me the solution or the write way to do the task

Anil Kumar
India

mail me at:- anilkumar@kiet.edu