Re: initdb Error: 'oid8' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb Error: 'oid8'
Date
List pgsql-general
mjp@ornl.gov writes:
> Fixing permissions on pre-existing data directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
> Creating database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
> Creating database XLOG directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
> Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
> ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'oid8'.

That's different --- usually we've heard about complaints mentioning
'oidvector' from people who've tried to initdb with 7.0 library files
and a pre-7.0 postgres executable.  Looks like you've managed to feed
pre-7.0 library files to a 7.0 executable.  Check your PGLIB environment
setting...

            regards, tom lane