Re: road.thepath no longer in pg_stats? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: road.thepath no longer in pg_stats?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I just noticed that the road.thepath column in the regression database
> is no longer in pg_stats for some reason after ANALYZE, so the example
> in section 14.2 in the docs (Statistics Used by the Planner) is now
> wrong.

It's an old example :-( ... a quick check shows no version since 7.3
generates stats for that column.

> but this is failing because of missing values for that column, as well
> as there being two rows for the column that is there (stainherint=f
> producing the other one)

Two rows are expected now, since that table has children --- there
should be one for inherited = t and one for inherited = f.  Probably
wouldn't hurt to explain that explicitly here.