Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
dpage@pgadmin.org writes:
> pgadmin has some umm, interesting queries over pg_depends. It sounds
> like this change could complicate those. I doubt it's an
> insurmountable problem of course.

Yeah.  But the only real point of the change is cleanliness, and if it's
injecting ugliness into clients then that argument loses a lot of its
force.  I looked at pg_dump a bit and it definitely would get uglier
--- not really more complicated, but defaults would get handled a bit
differently from everything else.  Seems like a fertile source of bugs.
So maybe we'd better forget the idea :-(