Re: Could regexp_matches be immutable? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Could regexp_matches be immutable?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> FWIW, I think that this is a bug, and that the variation from the text
> version will be unexpected. I recommend fixing it for 8.4.2.

Well, it's certainly a bug, but I don't think it's back-patchable.
A back-patch will not affect existing installations anyway.  What it
will do is break user code that is expecting the existing behavior
(for instance, Rod's index).  I think it's something we can only
change at a major version boundary.