Re: Readline, Postgresql and Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Readline, Postgresql and Solaris
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Garcia, Joshua" <Joshua.Garcia@xerox.com> writes:
> I've been trying to install readline in Solaris so that Postgresql
> detects readline during ./configure.  However, doing a ./configure and
> make install to install readline from source in Solaris just isn't
> enough to get Postgresql to detect readline during its ./configure.

What happens exactly when you run our configure?

Just as a hint, configure needs to find both the include files and the
readline library file.  You may need to specify --with-includes and/or
--with-libraries to get the compiler to look in the right place, if
you didn't install readline into the "standard" directories /usr/include
and /usr/lib.

            regards, tom lane