Re: Issues with Redhat 4 Postgresql 8.4 and support of libxml - Mailing list pgsql-general

From araza@esri.com
Subject Re: Issues with Redhat 4 Postgresql 8.4 and support of libxml
Date
List pgsql-general
I am not using libxml2-devel package. I built libxml2.so from source code (libxml2-2.6.30.tar.gz).

Thanks.

Ale.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ [mailto:devrim@gunduz.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:59 PM
To: Ale Raza
Cc: 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Issues with Redhat 4 Postgresql 8.4 and support of libxml

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:05 -0800, araza@esri.com wrote:
> What are the issues with Redhat 4 in terms of supporting libxml? I
> build PostgreSQL 8.4 with --with-libxml option but still getting the
> following error.

If you are using libxml2-devel package from Red Hat repository, it won't work. The libxml2 version in RHEL4 is not
enoughfor xml support.

Either upgrade to RHEL5, or compile a newer version of libxml2 on your system and build PostgreSQL against it.

Regards,

(The PostgreSQL packager)
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE