Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> If we go with your syntax I would prefer SET LOCAL to LOCAL SET , so
> that LOCAL feels tied more to variable rather than to SET .

I agree.  I was originally thinking that that way might require LOCAL to
become a reserved word, but we should be able to avoid it.

With Thomas' nearby suggestion of SET SESSION ..., we'd have
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] varname TO value

and it only remains to argue which case is the default ;-)