Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Date
Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I understand that there may be objections to that on the basis that it's
> work that's (other than for this case) basically useless,

Got it in one.

I'm also not terribly happy about leaving security-relevant data sitting
around in backend memory 100% of the time.  We have had bugs that exposed
backend memory contents for reading without also granting the ability to
execute arbitrary code, so I think doing this does represent a
quantifiable decrease in the security of pg_hba.conf.