Re: pgsql: Further cleanup of JSON-specific error messages. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Further cleanup of JSON-specific error messages.
Date
List pgsql-committers
David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
> Minor typo in error message - missing "an" before "even":
> "argument list must have even number of elements"
> should be
> "argument list must have an even number of elements"

I copied that wording from somewhere else in the same file...

We're not terribly consistent on including/omitting articles in primary
error messages, but I think the majority of cases omit them.  In this
case, for example, why are you worried about adding "an" there but not
"the" in front of "argument list"?

            regards, tom lane