Re: Dump/Restore of non-default PKs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Dump/Restore of non-default PKs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21.04.22 13:43, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> 1. create the table without primary key
>> 2. create the index
>> 3. attach the index as primary key constraint
>>
>> That doesn't sound attractive.
> Can you explain what you find unattractive about it?

Well, if I want to create a table with a primary key, the established
way is to say "primary key", not to have to assemble it from multiple
pieces.

I think this case is very similar to exclusion constraints, which also
have syntax to specify the index access method.