Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-02-16 12:57:46 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to have to admit
>> defeat and not try to use --disable-auto-import on cygwin builds.
>> That platform is evidently not capable of supporting it.

> Agreed. It's probably doable if somebody actually using cygwin
> themselves would invest a day or two and work on upstreaming the
> changes, but it looks painful to do indirectly.

Yeah, and I doubt that anybody in the Cygwin project is going to see
the point of maintaining such patches anyway.  As Marco said, their
idea is to provide a Unix-ish platform as best they can, not adopt all
the worst features of Windows.  I kinda wonder why they have declspec's
on the getopt variables at all.

>> We seem to be pretty nearly there on getting the MSVC and Mingw builds
>> to reliably complain about missing PGDLLIMPORTs, so maybe it's good
>> enough if those builds do it.

> Is there anything missing on that end?

I think it's all fixed, but I want to wait for another buildfarm cycle
just to be sure all the relevant critters are failing where we expect
them to and not somewhere else (like pltcl).