Re: Installing 7.4.2 - ./configure error - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Installing 7.4.2 - ./configure error
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Stijn Vanroye" <s.vanroye@farcourier.com> writes:
> If succesfully downloaded and extracted the tar.gz file (hurray), but am stuck in the first (*sic*) step of the
actualinstallation process. When I run ./configure (without any extra parameters), I get the error "C compiler cannot
createexecutables" when configure is checking for C compiler default output.

configure doesn't print many details on the terminal.  Look in
config.log to see the actual error messages; they may be more
informative.

            regards, tom lane