createlang and PGLIB (was Re: [GENERAL] sequential test error) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject createlang and PGLIB (was Re: [GENERAL] sequential test error)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, steven wu wrote:
>> When I run a sequence test, I get the following error message:
>>
>> =============== installing languages...               =================
>> installing PL/pgSQL .. createlang: missing required argument PGLIB
>> directory

> export PGLIB=/usr/lib/postgresql/lib
> make runtest

Hmm, I had not realized that createlang fails without a PGLIB setting
(probably because I do all my Postgres work with PGLIB and PGDATA
defined... :-()

Wouldn't it be a good idea to install the right path into it as a
default value at configure time?  Likewise for the other scripts that
need this info?