Re: factorial function/phase out postfix operators? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: factorial function/phase out postfix operators?
Date
Re: factorial function/phase out postfix operators?
Re: factorial function/phase out postfix operators?
List pgsql-hackers
> What are the thoughts about then marking the postfix operator deprecated
> and eventually removing it?

If we do this it'd require a plan.  We'd have to also warn about the
feature deprecation in (at least) the CREATE OPERATOR man page, and
we'd have to decide how many release cycles the deprecation notices
need to stand for.

If that's the intention, though, it'd be good to get those deprecation
notices published in v13 not v14.