Re: Postmaster is getting bigger - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postmaster is getting bigger
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"S.F. Lee" <sflee_tw@yahoo.com> writes:
> --- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This is fixed for 7.0.1 by not calling
>> getprotobyname().  If you are
>> in a hurry see the nightly snapshot tarballs...

> I can wait, thanks. Can you explain "nightly snapshot
> tarballs" more detail, since my English is too bad to
> understand.

If you look on the postgresql ftp site you will see a tar.gz
distribution file that's been generated today from currently
checked-in source files.  There's a script that runs each night
to update this snapshot.

At most times in the development cycle, the snapshot is
development-grade code and very possibly broken.  Right now,
however, we are in strict post-release-bugfix mode and so the
snapshot represents what will shortly become 7.0.1.
        regards, tom lane