Re: interval's and printing... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: interval's and printing...
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 10:44:25 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

>> > Can you supply an example/text?
>> * Have SELECT '13 minutes'::interval display zero seconds when using
>> DateStyle ISO
>
> I am still confused.  What does such output look like.   Right now I
> get:
>
>     test=> SELECT '13 minutes'::interval;
>      interval
>     ----------
>      00:13
>     (1 row)
>
> I assume the idea is to display it as 00:13:00, right?
Correct, but with Postgres DateStyle or SQL, it does other stuff:

$ psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

ler=# set datestyle='postgres'
ler-# ;
SET
ler=# select '13 minutes'::interval
ler-# ;interval
-----------@ 13 mins
(1 row)

ler=# set datestyle='sql';
SET
ler=# select '13 minutes'::interval;interval
(1 row)

ler=# set datestyle='iso,us';
SET
ler=# select '13 minutes'::interval;interval
(1 row)

ler=#