Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Several files from src/timezone and from src/backend/regex make use of
> unnamed parameters in function declarations. It wouldn't be difficult
> to fix everything and call it a day, but I wonder if there are any
> special considerations here. I don't think that Henry Spencer's regex
> code is considered vendored code these days (if it ever was), so that
> seems clear cut. I'm less sure about the timezone code.

Yeah, bringing the regex code into line with our standards is fine.
I don't really see a reason not to do it with the timezone code
either, as long as there aren't too many changes there.  We are
carrying a pretty large number of diffs from upstream already.

(Which reminds me that I need to do another update pass on that
code soon.  Not right now, though.)