Re: could not connect to server - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: could not connect to server
Date
List pgsql-sql
ivan marchesini <marchesini@unipg.it> writes:
> I have started postmaster with -i option, but when I try to connect to
> the server  from another computer I obtain:

> psql: could not connect to server: Nessuna rotta verso l'host
>         Is the server running on host "IP....." and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Does that translate as "No route to host"?  If so, you've got basic
networking connectivity problems, unrelated to Postgres.  Check
networking parameters, cables firmly attached, etc.  When you can
ping the server from the client, then start trying psql ...
        regards, tom lane