Re: Re: [BUGS] WIN32 Non Blocking - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] WIN32 Non Blocking
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Do we have a fix for this?  It is a WIN32/libpq/multibyte problem.

AFAIK it's all fixed (barring new bug reports ;-)).  The main problems
were (a) win32.mak hadn't gotten updated when we changed the set of
backend source files that are included into libpq for MULTIBYTE;
(b) win32.mak failed to define FRONTEND, (c) someone had incorrectly
added

#ifndef WIN32
                int        optval;
#else
                char       optval;
#endif

upon noting that his Windows compiler griped about

                if (getsockopt(conn->sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR,
                               &optval, &optlen) == -1)

instead of realizing that the correct fix is

                if (getsockopt(conn->sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR,
                               (char *) &optval, &optlen) == -1)

(a) is new in 7.1 but the other bugs go back at least to 7.0.

            regards, tom lane