Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER INDEX ... ALTER COLUMN not present in dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 11:54 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
>>> So this settles the argument that we had better not do anything before
>>> v11.  Switching the dump code to use column numbers has not proved to be
>>> complicated as only the query and some comments had to be tweaked.
>>> Attached is an updated patch, and I am switching back the patch to
>>> "Needs review" to have an extra pair of eyes look at that in case I
>>> missed something.

> I been through the patch -- looks good and does the expected job as
> discussed.

I eyeballed the patch, and it seems reasonable to me as well.  The test
case could perhaps be made more extensive (say, a multicolumn index
with a mix of columns with and without stats targets) but I'm not sure
that it's worth the trouble.