Re: Build date for snapshots? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build date for snapshots?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I'm not getting bug reports for 8.2 from inside Sun.  However, I'm not sure
> how I can determine from the source what build day a particular snapshot
> instance is from -- sometimes these files get copied around a bit before
> being built.  Is there a file somewhere that would carry a timestamp inside
> it?

Well, you could grep for the latest $PostgreSQL$ header line's commit
date, but I kinda wonder why exactly you should need to do that.  If you
don't know when you pulled the snapshot you are testing, I submit you
have a process problem you ought to fix.