Re: AT TIME ZONE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: AT TIME ZONE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> With the new timezone stuff, is there any reason this shouldn't be made
> to work now in CVS:
> test=# select current_timestamp at time zone 'Australia/Perth';
> ERROR:  time zone "australia/perth" not recognized

Lack of round tuits.  We have to look at merging the hardwired zone
names in the datetime token table with the zic timezone names.  And
somewhere in there the 'australian_timezones' GUC variable should vanish
in favor of a locally-configurable list of recognized TZ names.  But
it's not happening for 8.0 ... this was stuff to be doing two months
ago ...