Re: Minmax indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Minmax indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> writes:
> On 06/18/2014 12:46 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> So to implement a feature one now has to implement the most generic
>> variant as a prototype first? Really?

> Well, there is the inventor's paradox to consider.

I have not seen anyone demanding a different implementation in this
thread.  What *has* been asked for, and not supplied, is a concrete
defense of the particular level of generality that's been selected
in this implementation.  It's not at all clear to the rest of us
whether it was the right choice, and that is something that ought
to be asked now not later.