Re: drop index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: drop index
Date
List pgsql-general
"Pau Marc Munoz Torres" <paumarc@gmail.com> writes:
>  psql 8.2.6 (server 8.2.5)
>  Schema |  Name  | Type  | Owner |    Table
> --------+--------+-------+-------+--------------
>  public | h2dbp  | index | pau   | precalc
>  public | icsp   | index | pau   | local
>  public | icspn  | index | pau   | names
>  public | idx    | index | pau   | local
>  public | iid    | index | pau   | blancprecalc
>  public | ipssms | index | pau   | pssms
>  public | merda1 | index | pau   |
>  public | merda2 | index | pau   |
>  public | merda3 | index | pau   |
> (9 rows)

This looks like evidence of corruption in the system catalogs.
I'd suggest dump/initdb/reload --- but better check that the
dump worked and seems to contain all your data before trashing
the old database...

You might want to take the opportunity to update to 8.2.latest
while at it.

            regards, tom lane