Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Subject Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Pais <chris_pais@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Just an explanation in the FAQ that the ipc-daemon is not running won't suffice.  Because in my case I had ipc-daemon
(version1.11) running and it still hung (Jason's patch reported the IpcMemoryCreate error).  Only when I downgraded to
version1.09 (office) and upgraded to 1.13 (home) did initdb succeed.  So I'd suggest also covering this scenario.
>Thanks,
>Richard
[...]

It will. But should be augmented with REAL tests about ipc-daemon's working (cygwin's ps is not the case):
 - either run cygipc test suite
 - or check event viewer for cygipc entries (or \CYGWIN_SYSLOG.TXT and/or console in w9x case)

The fact that 1.09 worked in your case, could happen because 1.09 is (maybe) more relaxed about the "/tmp" file
permissionsthan others.

SLao