Re: Version Change - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Version Change
Date
List pgsql-performance
Please reply to the list so that others may contribute and benefit
from the discussion.

On Jan 18, 2007, at 14:19 , Gauri Kanekar wrote:

> i want some comprehensive tests, to identify wheather shifiting
> from 8.1.3 to 8.2 will be advantageous.

I think it depends on your installation and use for PostgreSQL.
PostgreSQL is used for many different types of projects which have
different needs. I don't think it would be possible to put together
some sort of comprehensive test suite that would answer your
question. What I can recommend is benchmark common and performance
critical tasks for your current 8.1.3 installation and then compare
the results with those same benchmarks run against 8.2.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net