Re: [ADMIN] License Issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Korry Douglas
Subject Re: [ADMIN] License Issue
Date
Re: [ADMIN] License Issue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> I am part of an organization that is beginning to write commercial
>> applications for various Portals (Liferay, etc.).  We would like to
>> be
>> able to deploy PostGresQL as the lightweight database for the
>> Portal to
>> connect to.  Our request for approval to our Legal Department has
>> stalled due to the following language in one of the files:
>
> Seems like the easy solution is to rip out the AIX files in your
> server deployments ... or are you actually intending to support AIX?

AIX itself now offers the functions found in src/backend/port/
dynloader/aix.c so I think that file may be obsolete as of (at least
AIX 5.3).

aix.c was required long ago because AIX did not offer the popular
dlopen(), dlsym(), dlclose(), and dlerror() functions - you had to
write them yourself.

            -- Korry