Re: Unhyphenation of crash-recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Unhyphenation of crash-recovery
Date
Re: Unhyphenation of crash-recovery
List pgsql-hackers
On 16.03.22 02:25, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Hello, this is a derived topic from [1], summarized as $SUBJECT.
>
> This just removes useless hyphens from the words
> "(crash|emergency)-recovery". We don't have such wordings for "archive
> recovery" This patch fixes non-user-facing texts as well as
> user-facing ones.

Most changes in this patch are not the correct direction.  The hyphens
are used to group compound adjectives before nouns.  For example,

     simple crash-recovery cases

means

     simple (crash recovery) cases

rather than