Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So maybe your Openjade is not exactly the same
> Martijn was using, because what I understood was that Openjade replaced
> the ı with ı, which should work.

I think it's more likely that he was running with a non-DocBook
stylesheet (his openjade command did not explicitly select a catalog and
stylesheet the way that our Makefiles do).  Or just a different version
of the stylesheet.  I'm testing with whatever ships in Fedora Core 5.
I see definitions of ı in some of the files under
/usr/share/sgml, but evidently none of them are included by docbook...

> Does your browser display it correctly if you replace manually with ı?

Doesn't really matter whether it does or not, since my gripe about that
is that DocBook rejects it.

> On the other hand, I don't understand why DocBook would be Latin-1 only.

I'm surprised too that it couldn't be easily overridden.  Peter, any
idea why not?