Re: Odd CVS revision number - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Odd CVS revision number
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I just noticed that the revision numbering for the new
> src/doc/sgml/recovery-config.sgml file I added started from 2 for some
> reason. The first revision was 2.1, and when I just updated it the new
> revision became 2.2.

> It seems to work fine, but I've never seen CVS revision numbers like
> that before. Anyone have a clue what might've caused that? Will that
> cause confusion?

No, CVS does that sometimes.  If you root around in the manual you can
find an explanation of how it chooses the initial revision number, but
I don't recall the triggering condition offhand.  We have several other
files that have 2.x version numbers for no particular reason except CVS
felt like assigning one.