Re: Creation of tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Creation of tablespaces
Date
Re: Creation of tablespaces  (Aaron <apthul@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?Q?DURAND_Beno=EEt?= <b.durand@AFSSA.FR> writes:
> I work with Ubuntu 9.10 (upgraded from 8.04 LTS yesterday) and PostgreSQL 8.3.
> I can't create tablespaces. Pgsql seems to try changing access rights of the directory and fails to do it (permission
denied),despite the directory is owned by the postgres user

Are you sure that postgres has r+x rights on all the directories above
that one?

If this were a Red Hat distro I would also wonder about selinux
permissions, but I don't know whether Ubuntu has selinux or enables
it by default.

            regards, tom lane