Re: Authentication Enhancement Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Authentication Enhancement Proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Hotchkiss <christopher.hotchkiss@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to propose (and volunteer to do if its considered to be a
> decent idea) to extend the mapping of users to roles in the pg_ident.conf to
> incorporate groups.

Um ... there isn't any real distinction between users and groups
anymore, they're all roles.  So it's not clear to me what you're
proposing that doesn't work now.  Or at least could be made to work,
possibly not in quite the way you're thinking, but using the already
existing features.