Re: drop table cascade doesn't drop manual sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: drop table cascade doesn't drop manual sequences
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On 10/10/07, Guilherme <antoniolo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I insert a sequence later on table creation with alter table, drop
>> table cascade simply doesn't drop this sequence even when I specify
>> CASCADE.

> This is normal.

In 8.2 and up you can use ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNED BY ... to establish a
link that will make a manually created sequence go away when its "owner"
column is dropped.  In 8.1 that aspect of SERIAL is hidden magic :-(

            regards, tom lane