Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the global variable holding the error state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the global variable holding the error state
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org> writes:
> _2 is only Python 2.2, but I tried: with Python 2.2 there's a whole lot
> of regression tests that fail. The last release of 2.2 is April 2003,
> maybe it's time to forget about that particular dinosaur?

Well, there's little point in carrying an incorrect expected-file, so
unless someone is prepared to test the case regularly, I'd agree with
deleting that file.  We could just add a note that the expected outputs
are intended for 2.3 and up and you'll get some error-message-wording
discrepancies with older python versions.  The differences between _2
and _3 seem small enough for people to handle by visual inspection if
they really want to test the case.